In this Article, We will learn about some on page SEO techniques. We’ll learn about how to place keywords on our website/web page accordingly. Every page of your website needs to have some specific keywords assign to them.
So, make sure you have all the keywords ready, for each and every web page. Your home page should always contain the primary keywords. It should also contain secondary keywords as well. Let’s see the complete analysis of on-page SEO.
Factors Related to On Page Optimization
Always remember one thing while doing on page optimization that “Content is the king” so never compromise with its authenticity.
- Title: A title must contain the primary keyword of that web page. The keyword should not be stuffed unnecessarily. The sentence must make a complete and a meaningful sense. (70 characters maximum allowed)
- Description: Your description should contain maximum three secondary keywords within a phrase and should belong to that web page. (165 characters maximum allowed)
- The keyword of that page should be inserted in the URL.
Content is the king in “On Page Optimization”
Our content should be as much real as possible. We should not copy the content from any other web sources. If so happens then it is quite possible that our site might get blacklisted from Google’s database. Hence, content must be unique before it goes live on your website.
Please check the uniqueness of your content before publishing it on the web. For this, you can use some on page SEO checker tools. There are some tools available in the market such as Copy Scape and Small Seo Tools to check the plagiarism. A content which is 80% unique or above is considered good to publish.
Do’s and Don’ts of SEO
- Always try to mention your keyword in the very first line of your content. If not, then you should mention anywhere on the first paragraph.
- It would be highly recommended to create paragraphs of not more than 80 words. Divide your entire content into multiple short paragraphs. Your content should look presentable and worth reading.
- Try to make your content free from all grammatical errors and punctuations.
- The keyword usage should not be more than 3% & less than 0.75% in the entire content. Keyword density and keyword proximity should always be maintained properly.
- Put your primary keyword in Heading1 and Secondary keywords in H2, H3 etc.
- Each and every paragraph must contain at least one Primary keyword. Avoid keyword stuffing, as it reduces the ranking on search engine.
- It is strongly recommended not to use words which are banned by search engines i,e. “gambling”, “casino”, “pornography” or “Viagra” etc.
- Content without images is not appreciable by Search Engines. Images are one of the important factors of “On Page Optimization”.
- Images must contain the Primary keyword in ‘title’ and ‘alt text’ both.
- Avoid using frames in your web pages because sometimes search engines may face trouble with them.
- Always try to engage your visitors more and more by increasing your website’s avg. session time. You may show some relevant videos, puzzles to solve, games etc. on your website to increase “Avg. session time” of your visitors.
- Make sure to include several “call to action” buttons to reduce the bounce rate of your site. A higher bounce rate will discourage search engines to rank your site.
Above mentioned points are some important on-page SEO techniques. If you follow these algorithms, you will rank higher on Google’s first page. These techniques are enough to perform a successful “On Page Optimization”. For more Search engine optimization strategies please read all other articles in this category.